Friday, May 16, 2008

MARY Weds JONATHAN! H.S. SWEETHEARTS!

HELLO! It's May 16. Mary weds Jonathan!

As I type, Mary is in the process of becoming a wife to Jonathan, a lad she's been holding hands with for 8 years! (courtesy of her Knot "merjmm" Planning Bio, engagement pic taken by talented former knottie, Caitlin Domanico www.caitlindomanico.com She resembles a little bit of Kirsten Dunst here, don't ya think? :)

So adorable....to marry a high school sweetheart. Jonathan went to her senior prom and 8 years later, he's her husband. Mary's wedding looks like it will be sophisticated and elegant with a walk down St. Patrick's aisle and a reception at the infamous Ballroom at the Ben.

Having arrived on a fairly wet and chilly May morning, I was greeted with a smile that could light up a room like a spotlight. Mary and her attendants were calmly sitting in her room getting hair/makeup primped. I hurriedly put her "Healthy Start" spread together on the table. Mary's dedication to fitness is evident. She ordered granola, yogurt, fruit, veggies, cheese and bagels. I tried to make a little pink crystal sugar heart in the cream cheese because I'm goofy like that.


I brought the big Brandy glass to hold the yogurt in and an apothecary jar for the granola. The fruit was placed in a hatbox with sprigs of mint. Hopefully she and her bridesmaids enjoyed their healthy parfaits! Sorry no pics, I was too busy setting up at this point.

I must say the strawberry skewers for the kids tempted me to try one and the are peaking perfectly for the new season. I loooove strawberries around May and June, sweet and delish! I went strawberry picking every year with my dad right after school let out. One of my favorite memories as a kid..ahhhhhh...

So back to Miss (now Mrs.) Mary. She reminded me of a cut-out doll from my cut-out dolls book I once got from my mom. This particular cut-out doll was from Norway. Maybe it was Mary's fair eyes, hair and complexion and perfect teeth! Me thinks she resembles this chick:



I wanted so badly to stay around and see her in her dress but the parking lot was ticking!

She was wearing her Mrs. Hoodie established May 16, 2008. Wish I had thought of that for my wedding day! The room at the Omni was lovely as it sat in the historic district of Philadelphia. I had to take a pic of her hair. It looked like it was straight from a bride magazine.
(bad shot but great look!)

Mary's mom-in-law is from Australia and some of her family was traveling in for the wedding. Could you imagine how excited they must be?

The flowers arrived and the ooohs and ahhhs followed. Sexy Flowers! Deep reds, burgundy, purple and hot pink...will look amazing against the champagne dresses of the Bridesmaids.



Mary asked us if we could deliver her FI's "bye bye bachelor" spread to his room along with her card to him. Once again, I wanted to stay and watch as he opened the card and read the poignant verses and declaration of love I'm sure she has written to him...but that would have been me wanting a "tissue moment" that is very personal.

Here's some pics of the groom's layout. The pics aren't that good because I took them in a hurry and not wanting to be like "hey...look at me...I'm a stranger in your room taking pics of something you know nothing about". Here's the vintage truck with the bride/groom initials in the back and Mary's card to her honey, Jonathan. On the back of the truck is a little sign that read "ALMOST MARRIED" The 2nd pic if the sandwiches in the "manly" container.

By the time I finish writing this post, they will be well into the reception, perhaps cutting the cake! Even though it rained today, I have no doubt it was sunny in their hearts. Excitement radiates from Mary in this pic of her next to the gown...yet to be worn!

1 comment:

Caits said...

Awww Mary looks so happy!

Nice blog M!