Monday, May 26, 2008

JENN's Fairy Tale Wedding

Weddings can't get any better than this. A perfect Spring day in May, a location that makes you feel like you are in The Sound of Music, a Reem Acra gown and loved ones surrounding you as you walk down the aisle.

Jenn (knottie chloe071603) had an absolutely ethereal Wedding day. I was so grateful she chose me to "wedible" her day at Cairnwood in Bryn Athyn.

Does this girl look excited or what? :o)

Driving through the gates of the Bryn Athyn Cathedral grounds was like entering a different world...enchantment abounds...flowering trees, chirping birdsongs, lush hills and an elegant cathedral, museum and mansion all within walking distance of one another. What a life the Pitcairns must have had.

The Cathedral & Museum are located adjacent from the personal estate.
I seriously wanted to frolic the hills, throwing flower petals in the air - singing "The Hills are aliiiive with the Sound of Muuuusic...." but that would've been way weird.

The cheerfully charming Meghan Cahill pulled up a few minutes after me. How is it that a woman can look so adorable on the go, 6 months pregnant? Bless her heart...I had a lot of boxes to carry up 2 flights of stairs and the girl in her family condition even offered to help. What a sweetheart! I only met her on one occasion before, Daynaduck's wedding day, and she still remembered everything about me and wedibles. That struck me as someone who knows her customers and takes a genuine interest in them. Her artistry with the ladies' hair was beautiful!

Quickly, I set up the Wedibles in the groom's chambers. Jenn wanted to send her groom a "last meal as a bachelor" spread, which I happily obliged. "Chris's Last Meal as a Single Man! Enjoy your Lunch! Love, Jenn"

Masculine, vintage-style suitcases contained the Bachelor treats: a nautical container for the double dark chocolate fudge brownies, a small gentleman's suitcase for the mini hoagies and a chap box for the soft pretzels with the bride and groom initials.



The boys were to nosh on the goodies while the ladies gleefully dress and primp down the hall in the elegant Bridal Suite.


Next, I was off to decorate the Bridal Suite with the Best of Everything package that Jenn had ordered for her attendants and family. Two elegantly appointed rooms awaited me to set up the bagels, sweets, veggies and sandwiches. I was in heaven with that much space!

The gals were definitely hungry with all the morning excitement. The first to go? Mom's homemade scones of course...I envy her. Mom has worked in several tearooms and her scones are unique and highly praised. However, Mom won't share the recipe with me. They are her own creation. Jenn chose Chocolate Chip and Blueberry. Orange Marmalade, Black Raspberry Jam and Lemon Curd brings out the flavor.Jenn's wedding ceremony didn't start until 6 p.m. and the reception was at 7. It would've been a long day without eating - so she made sure everyone was well taken care of. Thoughtful Bride, indeed.

Strawberries are in full season this time of year. I made mini strawberry chocolate bundt cakes. As you can see, they were tempting enough to have one gone missing already!

Veggies, anyone? Mini Sandwiches in a hatbox. Mini heart pretzels

Partial Spread Set-Up in Bridal Suite Room 2

Homemade Banana Muffins & Spring Angel Cupcakes


Jenn's friends and family were so gracious and began to dig in immediately.....It always warms my heart to see people eat! Mangia, mangia! Her mom sweetly handed me a bottled water because rushing around tends to make one very warm. Thanks, Jenn's mom!

My husband and I returned to Cairnwood mid afternoon to pick up the containers and clean up but to our utter delight, the AMAZING Jennifer Poletti of Perfect Planners http://www.perfect-planners.com/ already had all the boxes and containers stacked up neatly! Meeting her for the first time was a highlight of my day. I can clearly see why Brides choose her. Her attention to detail was evident in the way the estate was now being set up for the upcoming night's festivities. She was friendly, warm and gracious. She was taking photos of some lovely invites done by talented Erin Proud of www.proudtoplan.com

Jen was a sheer delight to meet, even commenting on my introduction to my husband. "Wow, you look just like Mr. Big! Tell Carrie I said hi." It isn't the first time Mark has heard the Mr. Big resemblance thing...he just blushed. I can't thank her enough for her exceptional service in getting all my containers and accessories organized and ready to load.

As my husband and I drove through the grounds, we caught brief glimpses of the bride getting her photos taken in the garden...I can't wait to see the stunning photos. The bridesmaids were walking towards a photo spot. They wore a rich, brown dress with light pink flowers. Elegant.

If Jenn's marriage to Chris is as beautiful as the day was, she will be blessed for life.











2 comments:

Caits said...

Wow- as always M- just gorgeous!!!

MLMR said...

thanks, C! Cairnwood makes everything look "rosey" and beautiful!