Monday, May 19, 2008

GRETCHEN is LOVED!


What impressed me the most about Gretchen (knottie "Gertiern") was the amount of love and support surrounding her on her wedding morning. I pulled up to her home and could see the little Bride Lives Here type details on the door and window.

Gretchen and I had a lot in common in the fact that we are both mid-30's and just starting our life with our husbands after several years of courtship.

Walking into her entryway, I was cheerfully greeted by warm smiles and friendly hello's by her bridal party, consisting of sisters and beloved friends. Many of them were about to get dressed and in their pajamas from the night before (a little pre-wedding sleepover). So many giggles and laughs and bursts of excitement. I felt like I was in a really affable, warm & loving sorority.


I set up the wedibles on her side table and admired how welcoming and lovely she decorated her home. Her colors were regal navy and crisp yellow for her Autumn 2007 wedding. I couldn't help myself by adding his/her scarecrows and a few mini gourds.

Gretchen is a nurse. Meeting her was a joy. She had the most adorable pixie hair cut, I also loved her makeup and smokey eyes. I kept staring at them - wishing to know the technique to making one's eyes so alluring like that. Damnit, I wish I could've stayed but I'm just a snack gal....what a fun group of gals!

Recently, Gretchen became a puppy mommy and a new aunt/godmother to her sister's baby!


















No comments: