Sunday, May 18, 2008

MIRIAM - a BRIDE from WISCONSIN!

Miriam, aka knottie "MIRPETE" is the type of gal that you want to sit on a porch with for hours while drinking iced tea and sharing stories of your hometown. She possesses that Midwestern, "all American gal" persona that immediately puts you at cheerful ease.

I was impressed with the way she instantly shared the fact that she had butterflies in her stomach on her wedding morning. Glad I wasn't the only one with that problem. Only, I'm sure Miriam gets to remember her wedding day while mine shifted somewhere in my cerebral memory files due to a nice dose of ativan before walking down the aisle.

Helping her in her hotel suite, was her sister, Esther. Another smiling product of Wisconsin who now resides in Seattle. I love the names in Miriam's family: Miriam, Esther, Phoebe...her mom wanted biblical names for her daughters...so unique. They could step right out of a history book and be a modern day woman.

~SISTER ACT~

Miriam on left, Esther on right share the same familial smile at the beginning of the day's events.

Miriam is a fan of blueberries and requested blueberry mini bundt cakes which I was happy to prepare for her. Not sure which recipe I wanted to use, I made two kinds of blueberry treats - a lighter blueberry crumb muffin and a denser, sweeter blueberry bundt cake with icing. They were fun to make and I was happy with the way they looked in the vintage blue box.

As I finished setting up her hotel room spread, I wanted to shift Miriam's jitters on playfulness a bit and made her pose ala Vanna White with her breakfast layout. Now who wouldn't love this girl?
She should be a cruise director with her hospitable nature!

It was a delight to meet her in person! How pretty are her wedding day photos. If you get a chance, ask to see her wedding photo album. Her and her husband, Dan, have a natural way of posing and you can just tell they had such fun getting their photos taken. She looks perfectly sophisticated and elegant for an early Spring, April bride!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Those blueberry bundt cakes look awesome! They make me want to run right out and buy blueberries and come home and make them (well, almost; I'm sure they wouldn't be as good as those look).

Better yet, how do I get some Wedibles?