Saturday, October 11, 2008

Filming a Movie, Obama & McCain and Kathy's Wedding!

CUTE AS A BUTTON!

Early morning delivery of Wedibles to the lovely, sophisticated DOUBLETREE HOTEL in center city, Philadelphia. That's how this gorgeous October 11, Saturday began for me as I was to meet knottie Teamhealy08, aka Kathy on her bridal morning.

Speaking to her earlier in the week, she was the epitome of a calm and relaxed bride with a light perkiness that was adorable. Mid week, I got to reading her knot post of how she was somewhat anxious/panicky on a particular work morning...realizing that her wedding was only a mere days away and she still had things to do.
Kathy ordered a customized package. Bye-Bye Bachelor for the boys
and Bye Bye Bachelorette for the girls (including scones and fruit)

But this morning, she was lively, spirited, chippy and cute as a button. How do I describe her? Sweet, petite and someone you want to kidnap and take home for cookies and tea. Today, I had Mr. Wedibles with me (he's my muscle man), manuevering the streets of downtown Phila to get to the hotel.

Two FBI helicopters hovered overhead and he joked "they must know you are coming and need to secure the city". Kathy explained that they are filming a movie today in town (blank gun shots were heard), as well as certain protocall had to be followed for the impending arrival of Obama and McCain. This is a big day in the city....but let's face it...a wedding should and will take precedence over any of that! Come on...it's way more important than a movie and presidential nominee gathering, if you ask me (and other brides).

We arrived (double parked) and went to her hotel room. I knocked and asked if all the gals were "decent"...Kathy cutely replied in her sing song voice "Yes!!! Are we ready gals? There is a boy in the hallway and he's coming into the room". (Mr. Wedibles got a kick out of that because he knows that he is, in fact, a boy at 43.) He went off to deliver the groomsmen spread and I set up for the ladies in Kathy's gorgeous suite.

She was surrounded by her three lovely friends (one flew in from Arizona to spend a 24 hour wedding visit!), her mom (who was looking fresh and pretty with hair and makeup) and two friendly new faces (whom I had the privilege of meeting for the first time - their excellent repuations precede them), Janet Indorf from Face the Occasion and Natalie Pagano, haistylist.

I set up quickly because of the parking situation and my only regret is that I couldn't take more photos. I did see her dress. So pretty (I'm looking forward to getting some pro pics from her) and her shoes were killer!!!! They were a shimmery gold lace heel (to match Kathy's sexy gold toe polish). Very autumny and rich. I will be updating soon on her getting ready shots!

Mr. Wedibles was excited to be in the photo with such a cute blushing bride!

Here she is "after". She's glowing with happiness... and is it me or does the groom look super smitten with her? Congrats to them both!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooo, If I get married again, will Mr. Wedibles come to set my table?